Going forward, I will be giving my locks (bets I feel the strongest about), out on Twitter and Instagram in my usual videos. The rest of the bets I’m making for the day will be found in this daily article.
This will allow me to explain my picks more than I would normally be able to in a shortened video. The Chalk is also going to be coming out with more articles dedicated to helping you become a better bettor!
My favorite prop bets will be given out on The Chalk’s Instagram story. I’ll also sometimes include them in these articles. Make sure you’re following The Chalk on both Twitter and Instagram for betting, DFS, fantasy, prop bets, and prop plays on a daily basis.
I will also make picks later in the day based on line movement and injury news. To make sure you NEVER miss one of my picks, follow me over at The Action Network.
My plays for the day, via The Action Network app: https://myaction.app/nickpetroTLS
- 76ers -1.5: It’s unknown whether or not Joel Embiid will play on Saturday afternoon. Either way, the 76ers showed us that they were the better team on Thursday night, even without Embiid. It’s important to get this line in, especially before Embiid is ruled in or out.
Other Bets I’m Making
- White Sox ML: Ervin Santana is going to be on the bump for the White Sox, and yes, I want to throw up. However, the Sox aren’t favored here and that’s enough for me to bet on them Saturday. They’ve played good baseball as of late.
- Cubs ML: The Cubs are red hot and winners of four straight. Yu Darvish on the mound makes me very nervous. Hopefully, Darvish can have his second straight positive start. The Cubs are +1.21 units in 2019 when favored on the ML.
- Pirates ML: The Pirates are quietly 10-6. They are at home on Saturday against the Giants, who are running out Derek Holland. Holland actually hasn’t been too bad this season. However, I believe James Taillon will be too much for a mediocre Giants’ offense, who has struggled most of the year. In 2019, the Pirates are +2.22 units as ML favorites.
- Blues ML: Do I trust the Blues? Hell no. This has been such a weird series – no home team has won a game. The Blues will do all they can to keep this series from going seven and back to Winnipeg. While the Blues are 24-15 SU at home this season, they are -4.58 units as favorites per the Action Network.
- Rockets +2.5 + ML: LOVE that the Rockets aren’t favored here. They look like a team on a mission (or at least one trying to get some confidence before playing the Warriors). I hope people keep betting on the Jazz and move this line even more. The Rockets are +12.07 units as ML underdogs in 2019. *Insert eyeball emojis.
Nick is the editor-in-chief at TheLoopSports.com & owner of TheChalkTLS.com. He also is a fantasy sports junkie, DFS player, and prop play guru. For more fun, follow him on Twitter @PetroTLS.